iSheriff Endpoint Security
Trusted Threat Protection
Please Call for Pricing!
Trusted Threat Protection
The iSheriff Endpoint Security Service is a cloud-based endpoint security platform offering advanced anti-malware technology to protect your organization’s endpoint devices from malware. This helps to secure and control the use of endpoint applications, while protecting against threats from removable media such as USB drives.
Multi-layered anti-malware security to protect your devices from the latest advanced threats.
Easily control the use of specific applications on your endpoint devices, such as remote access programs, browsers, messaging applications and P2P sharing.
Windows, Mac and Linux devices can be protected by iSheriff Endpoint Security. Mobile devices can be secured using iSheriff Web Security.
iSheriff Endpoint Security
The iSheriff Endpoint Security Service is a cloud-based Endpoint Security platform offering advanced anti-malware technology that protects your organization’s endpoint devices from malware, secures & controls applications being used by end users and protects against threats from removable media (e.g. USB drives).
Why do I need Endpoint Security?
Securing your organization from threats should be simple yet robust. With the increasing amount of malware, more sophisticated security threats, and increasingly complex security solutions, IT administrators face a daunting task in managing security.
Over 60,000 new pieces of malware are released daily, and over 75 million unique threats are currently in the wild. While the majority of these attacks are coming through Web & email, the endpoint is the only other vector for malware infection into an organization. With users connecting a variety of devices to their endpoints, the risk of getting infected is very real. Effective Endpoint Security must detect and block malware before it can get onto your network, or onto other users’ endpoint devices.
However, blocking malware is not all that is required. Preventing the use of applications that commonly exhibit vulnerabilities or those used to share files with external parties can drastically reduce the amount of malware reaching your endpoints, as well as enabling the administrator to enforce the usage of corporate standard applications and acceptable use policies.
The Advantages of iSheriff Cloud Security
iSheriff provides your organization with a versatile and flexible cloud based security platform – enabling you to protect your users anywhere and on any Web-capable device. As a cloud-based platform, iSheriff enables considerable advantages over traditional on-premise security solutions:
- Instant Deployment - connect to the cloud service and you’re immediately up and running.
- No Upfront Expenditure - no need to purchase capital equipment and no obsolete hardware.
- Predictable Costs To Suit Any Organization - the iSheriff cloud security service is offered on a flexible subscription basis, making security affordable for organizations of all sizes.
- Enterprise-Class Security - you gain the benefit of iSheriff’s world-class global cloud security infrastructure.
- The Experts Work For You - your Web traffic is managed 24/7 by Internet security experts and modeled against other networks to detect traffic anomalies.
- Easy Administration - No tedious upgrades, no maintenance requirements; you always have the latest and best protection.
The iSheriff Endpoint Security service is simple, easy and effective to use and provides comprehensive reporting with easy to understand graphical summaries and drilldown detail.
- Comprehensive Anti-Virus and Malware Protection - iSheriff Endpoint Security incorporates both traditional anti-malware technology and sophisticated dynamic anomaly detection and behavior modeling systems to protect your organization from viruses, botnets, spyware, Trojans, browser exploits and the latest advanced threats
- Application Controls - iSheriff enables you to easily control the use of specific applications on your endpoint devices, such as remote access programs, browsers, messaging applications, P2P sharing and the like. These applications, if unmonitored or unmanaged, can become a serious security and policy issue for your organization. A broad number of applications are supported, and you can easily define custom applications as well.
- Removable Media - Removable media drives are a common source of local device infection. iSheriff automatically scans removable media in real time to ensure that no infection can be passed to your users’ devices
- Scanning Options - Scanning options and schedules can be simply set by policy in the iSheriff cloud console, making it very easy to manage endpoint security for your entire organization
- Multiple Operating Systems Supported - With Windows, OS X and Linux supported you can rest assured that all of your devices will be protected. From servers, to workstations, to laptops, iSheriff covers them all
- Always Up-to-Date - Because iSheriff Endpoint Security operates from the cloud, your endpoints are instantaneously kept up-to-date with the latest client application version and signatures
- Simple Deployment - The lightweight iSheriff client can be easily deployed using group policies or other software distribution methods
- Distribution Center - Instead of each endpoint downloading its own updates, the Distribution Center application can be used to download updates once and then distribute these to each local endpoint
- Legacy Endpoint Uninstaller - Uninstall scripts are also provided for legacy iSheriff and 3rd party solutions to further simplify deployment
iSheriff provides you with a simple yet powerful Web interface to set and manage your own endpoint policies and reports. iSheriff works with many popular directory services, such as Active Directory, to make it easy to set up and maintain your user accounts and authentication.
Unlike traditional on-premise anti-virus products, iSheriff Endpoint Security is based in the cloud – meaning that there is no hardware to purchase and maintain, significantly reducing the costs, complexity and overhead of protecting your organization’s endpoint devices.
Features & Benefits
Incorporates both traditional anti-malware technology and sophisticated dynamic anomaly detection and behavior modeling to protect your organization from threats.
The lightweight iSheriff client can be easily deployed using group policies or other software distribution methods.
iSheriff automatically scans removable media in real time to ensure that no infection can be passed to your devices.
Scanning options and schedules can be simply set by policy, making it very easy to manage endpoint security for your entire organization.
The same powerful iSheriff endpoint functionality is available for Windows, Mac and Linux devices.
Easily control the use of specific applications on the endpoint, such as remote access programs, browsers, messaging applications, and P2P sharing. iSheriff also supports custom applications.
Because iSheriff Endpoint Security operates from the cloud, your endpoints are instantaneously updated with the latest version of the client application and its related protections.
Instead of each endpoint downloading its own updates, the Distribution Center application can be used to download updates once and then distribute to endpoints locally.
Legacy Endpoint Uninstaller
Uninstall scripts are provided for legacy iSheriff and third-party solutions to further simplify deployment.
Simple integration with major directory services, such as Active Directory, make it easy to set up and maintain user accounts and authentication.
The Web 2.0 environment presents dynamic security challenges due to new technologies such as Ajax, along with the growing trend of the browser serving as the new operating system. Effective Internet security solutions must be able to analyze Internet content in real-time and reliably classify the nature of that content. This is especially true of Web threats.
Traditional antivirus solutions, which rely on constant and timely updates to remain effective, are insufficient against the latest Internet security threats. iSheriff applies a cohesive, multifaceted defense against Web threats by adopting a unique three-stage approach to security:
iSheriff Web Security employs iSheriff’s patented dynamic data modelling engine to analyze and predict the presence of malicious code and browser exploits.
- Real-time detection of active script anomalies
- Traffic monitoring, analysis and benchmarking to detect changing patterns
- Data modelling compares data patterns against known models to ensure authenticity
- Constant behavioral analysis of site content
- All data modelling and real-time content analysis is performed in over a dozen languages
In real-time, iSheriff can actively prevent Web threats by using data correlation across both Web and email for millions of end users around the world.
- MIME-based identification of file types to prevent download or activation of misrepresented files
- Dynamic classification of Web content means that once a site is identified as a threat, it is blocked immediately
- iSheriff services dynamically share threat intelligence across both Web and email traffic
- iSheriff can dynamically access the status of URLs and prevent access to infected portions of popular Websites
iSheriff threat analysis provides complete content analysis in microseconds, with no discernable delay in delivery of Web content.
- High performance antivirus scanning is applied to reliably detect known malware
- Code analysis of suspicious files reveals potentially unwanted applications
- Outbound connections are constantly monitored and traffic to known botnet servers is disrupted and reported on
Easily control the use of specific applications on your endpoint devices, such as remote access programs, browsers, messaging applications, and P2P sharing.
Application usage can significantly increase the risk of infection or data loss. While most applications are innocuous, many applications allow for the transfer of significant amounts of data over a secure channel. This can result in data infiltration, data leakage, policy violations and device infection. iSheriff provides the ability to easily control the use of specific applications on your endpoint devices, such as remote access programs, browsers, messaging applications, and P2P sharing.
If unmonitored or unmanaged, these applications can become a serious security and policy issue for your organization. With iSheriff, you can easily set application control policies that manage which users can access which applications, giving you the ability to match your application control policy with that of your security policy. This will ensure that users remain productive and protected.
Some of the applications that can be controlled include:
Remote Access Apps
- Google Talk/Chat
P2P and File Sharing
The proliferation of multiple device types is only increasing. Couple this trend with different business needs among end-users, and a one-size-fits all approach won’t cover your protection needs. With iSheriff, all of your Windows, Mac and Linux devices can be protected and centrally managed through the iSheriff Cloud Console.
The iSheriff Cloud Console gives an administrator the ability to control all policies on all devices. Since iSheriff is 100% cloud-based, these policies can be updated to protect users – whether they are on the network, at home, or even on the road – all through a single console.
Users can be easily grouped based upon business needs and policy requirements. With simple to deploy LDAP integration, you can use your existing groups to control user policy for even greater simplicity.
The Directory Services supported include:
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Novell e-Directory
- Apple Open Directory
- Lotus Domino Directory
- Oracle Internet Directory
- Open LDAP
- Sun Java System Directory Server
- Generic LDAP Directories
Policies can be differentiated for each user or group. This allows the admin to choose what action should be taken in the event of an infection, whether or not the user is made aware of the infection (silent remediation), as well as several other options.
Since the iSheriff Cloud Console is based in the cloud, rather than residing on a server on the internal network, the client receives policy updates in minutes, even when off-site. In the event that the device is offline, the update will be received when it next connects to the Internet. This approach ensures that policies and protections are always up-to-date.
Download the iSheriff Cloud for Endpoint Datasheet (PDF).
Please Call for Pricing!